Re: Oil Cooler Installation

>I am inclined to try installing my cooler with the connections on top

Pete:

that's the way I have 'em. No interference. The reasom why people suggest
that this is a bad setup is because it allows sludge to collect at the
bottom. I don't think this is a big issue. It simply doesn't have time to
settle except at shutoff.

Like you I was concerned about trapped air. Some people say that the fast
moving oil would wash the air out. Another consideration is the fact that
you have 1 - 1.5 bars of pressure, thus reducing the volume of trapped air
by at least a factor of two. But then the air also gets heated to above
100C which expands it by almost 30%. You can't win.

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland