Re: Rudder Talk

>Question 1:  Among Velocity builders already flying, what is your current
>rudder deflection, and have you had any problems?  I can get 3 1/2" of
>travel

Dennis:

that sounds like an awful lot. I even doubt if my rudders have that much
chord. I'm a little too far away to go measure, but my (t)rusty old memory
tells me the deflection is more than one but less than two inches. (Jim??)

I did try a few slips at a safe altitude, but not very agressively. In any
case I never stalled a winglet yet.

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland