Re: spongy brake

>I'VE BEEN FLYING MY VELOCITY (STD,FG) FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW.  I'M VERY
>PLEASED WITH IT EXCEPT FOR A CONTINUING PROBLEM WITH A SPONGY LEFT BRAKE.
>NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I FILL FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE SYSTEM TO TRY TO GET
>OUT ANY TRAPPED AIR I DO NOT SEE ANY BUBBLES AND STILL END UP WITH A SPONGY
>SYSTEM.  ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?

Manny:

First: filling fluid from BOTH sides is a good way to trap air! But you
know that, of course.

Do you have the Matco brakes? The three cylinders that actuate the caliper
are oriented in such a way in the Matco brake that air that gets trapped
during the first filling remaines trapped. Since your fixed gear is a
little hard to retract <g> you may have to take the brake assembly off and
put it in a more horizontal position for bleeding.

Just one possibility.

Another could be a faulty rigging: something bottoming out (the rudder
cable?) before the brake is fully engaged.

My two centimes.

Best
Simon
PS: Do you REALLY want to shout at us? See, THAT'S what upper case
characters do!<g>

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland