RE: Rudder Talk

Bob ... this sounds like a slip landing to me....... in order to keep the airplane from turning ( since one wing is low) you'll have to apply opposite rudder (cross control) to stay lined up with the runway centerline won't you? My understanding is that landing in a crosswind in a Velocity should only be done by crabbing and your method sounds like a slip...... am I missing something here?   Not yet flying my 173RG.............. JEFF CLOUGH