Re: Heated Pitot Tube

christom@idt.net wrote:

> I purchased a 24 volt heated pitot tube from Wag-Aero
>
> It seems like an ideal solution. What about the apparent
> voltage deficiency?
>
> Should I insulate it from the aluminum mounting tube?

Of course, with sub-zero air blowing past it at 180 knots, the pitot tube
would be quite a bit cooler. How cool, I have no way of knowing. But if it
were me, I'd install it and use it as-is, and without insulation, until
such time as it proved inadequate. Only then would I undertake a "fix."

Dave Black
SW RG TopDoor (Classic)
T-4 months and holding