Heated Pitot Tube

I purchased a 24 volt heated pitot tube from Wag-Aero that was
originally designed for
the Cessna 310. When I powered it up with 12 volts it seemed to operate
with plenty of
heat to ward off ice. I measured the heat and it seems to be about 280
degrees F.

I expect to mount the pitot tube directly in the nose with about 6
inches of aluminum
tubing, 3 inches exposed, 3 inches imbedded

Does anyone have experience with mounting and operating this particular
pitot tube in
the nose of the Velocity XL?

It seems like an ideal solution. What about the apparent
voltage deficiency?

Should I insulate it from the aluminum mounting tube?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris Martin
Velocity XL RG