Re: Cabin Noise and Muffler

>Is it possible to install muffler in the Velocity in an effort to reduce
>the noise?

Eung:

The Velocity builders here in Switzerland are REQUIRED to install mufflers.
Without them they wouldn't stand a chance to pass the stringent noise tests
that our "FAA" demands. They route the exhaust pipes around the engine to
the top where there is room for a muffler.

The exhaust exits the cowling at the top. This is additional noise
abatement for those on the ground, not necessarily for those in the cabin.

How much the muffler itself affects the noise level in the cabin I don't
know and none of the installations is flying yet. Isn't engine vibration
the most important source of in-cabin noise?

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland