Re: restricted hours

Andy,  I have not been thru this, so I have no 1st hand experience to
share.  However, at SunNFun I attended the FAA "amateur-built" forum, and
the FAA guy (sorry, I don't remember his name) basically advised the
following:

"You, the builder, submit a plan to the FAA/DAR telling them the area and
restrictions which are to apply to your flyoff.  You can/should provide a
map outlining the boundaries of the area you will fly in.  Be generous to
yourself; the FAA/DAR will respond by accepting and/or modifying your plan.
 But primarily, they are looking for you to take the initiative in
submitting a plan."

Having said this, I am curious as to the understanding and experience of
builders who have been thru this process.