Re: Halon; A chemist's perspective

Don,

Thank you for taking the time to correct our Halon misconceptions.

> My personal opinion is use a large CO2 fire extingusher for ground engine
> fires or hangar fires, use halon for a cabin fire...

One of the important selling features of Halon is you get a great deal more
firefighting punch per pound than with CO2. And in airplanes, weight is always a
factor.

In any case, I have two Halon extinguishers for my plane, and will do as you
suggest and get a big CO2 for the hangar.

Thanks,
Dave Black
SW RG TopDoor