Re: skytec starter story

Andrew L. Judge wrote:

> Here is something to consider when choosing accessories for your engine.  I
> currently have a skytec starter and it has managed to strip my ring gear.
> After inspection, I noticed a fracture in the starter gear housing.  It
> must be this break that has allowed the starter to strip my ring gear.
> Being a Monday morning quarter back, I would go with the B and C starter.
> I've heard nothing bad about it and I can add my story to the list of
> others that I've heard about the Skytec.
>
> Also, if anyone wants to get some good insight on LASAR ignition
> installation with light weight starters, send me an E-mail.  It will save
> you some time and aggravation, as there is a trick you need to do in order
> to get the thing started.
>
> Andy Judge
> N55AJ
> FGE

Don't bother with the B&C go to the people that make the original
equipment starters (Electrosystems) and buy their MagnaFlite light
weight starter, very light and about 65% more powerful than the original
starter.  You can get them from Chief for about $350 with a 2 year
unlimited hour warranty.
These are very well made, and allow you to put the starter starter relay
where it belongs close to the battery so you don't have that long heavy
hot cable just waiting for a short.

Jim
--
// James F. Agnew