Crooked firewall

Hi everyone,
My bulkheads and spar were all set before I heard about the offset
master hole.
 Having the prop parallel with the wings and canard is most important
but im still forced  to choose on  another compromise. When I start to
hang the engine with the crank centerline  lined up with the centerline
location of the firewall part of the engine is very close on the port
side and the prop is not centered in the cowl. I can shim out the engine
mount the same as some of us had to do with the canard but that further
aggravates the cowl clearance problems. Which is more important  having
the engine on the fuselage centerline of the firewall or having the prop
centered in the cowling?
Wayne Owens