N55AJ FGE weight numbers

Thought I'd post this since I am always curious to hear other airplane
weights and their equipment. Many of you are probably weight watchers, as I
really wasn't beyond layups and finish work.  Mine is a fixed-gear elite
and I just did the weight and balance today.  I have IO-360 C1C, 3-blade
performance prop, 16 ga. aluminum "engine turned" firewall w/ fiber frax
backing, air oil separator, air filter and alternate air source,
high-performance fram fuel filter with fuel-shutoff, plenum cooling,
rosewood window frames, handles, stick, panel, leather interior, EAR sound
deadening, reinforced aft baggage area, and IFR capable panel.  It is
painted.  Weight came to 1437 lbs w/ full sump and unusable fuel (685, 685,
67).  She's a heavy girl!  Fuel capacity came to almost 50 gal.  After
weighing this, I must say that if you can build this to 1250 lbs or the
impossible 1150 lbs. you are either the man or should examine the
intergrity of your airplane.  I hoped for closer to 1350, but am okay with
the weight, especially after someone just posted an almost identical weight
of 1441.5.

In retrospect, I would think longer about the EAR sound package.  It
supposedly makes the airplane but it is HEAVY.  I'll tell you how it flies
when It goes up.

Andy Judge
N55AJ  FGE
DMO# 413