Re: Fuel filter

Call me "old fashion" and maybe it's my A&P talking, but I stuck with the
gascolator with a remote drain to the outside.   I'm sure with the amount of
un-usable in the sump (and a sample drain in the sump), we probably don't need
another sample point.  If the clear filters have been working, go for it.  I
like the idea of being able to look inside, but is it inspected before each
flight?  The gascolator is always purged during pre-flight, and the contents
inspected not only for water, but solids.  Of course it costs allot more, but
you MAY need to change the screen every 10 years.

TEC