Re: Millenium Engine

I always liked the rotary engine idea, so I will keep looking for that
high horsepower.

HOWEVER, I am a chicken.  That engine will have alot of hours on it on a
few planes before I would even consider it. I still won't consider an IVO
prop, IMHO it is asking for trouble in an unforgiving environment.  At
least the Franklin engine has been around.

I don't relish the lycoming/continentals in that they are old technology
etc.  But they are really proven.  When I was deciding on my engine, I
figured that the rest of the plane was experimental enough, especially
since I built it!

But of course, if no one ever experimented, we wouldn't be flying in the
first place.

What I am looking at as a possible project, is the Laser ignition.  Seems
to be a really safe, and very reliable to squeeze some efficiency out of
the IO-360.

I guess it comes down to the risk/reward decision that each of us makes.

Sorry for rambling, just a few thoughts.

--
Bob Ginsberg - Velocity N173BG - Big Ape Gyms