Elevator Trim Tab

Could some of you aero types tell me if this is a bad idea?

Please see:
www.awpi.com/michalk/pics/eletrim.gif

I'm thinking about cutting out a small notch at the trailing
edge of the elevator.  In this notch will be epoxied an elevator
hinge.  The trailing edge of the hinge will have sort of a bellcrank
that is attached via a lightweight rod to a servo that is also
embedded in the elevator.

I know I'll have to rebalance the elevators to make this work.
What sort of flutter problems would one have if the linkage
connecting had some lash?

--
Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!