RE: Exhaust &

David,

I see by your reply that you are controlling temperature by regulating air flow and not coolant flow.  My mistake!  This might work.  I don't know how you intend to accomplish this but I'd like to make a suggestion anyway.  I'd recommend that you use a radiator bypass system and not close off the outflow.  An air scoop that has zero flow looks like a flatplate drag wise.

Al Gietzen also jumped my case.  What I was referring to was based on my erroneous assumption that there was a coolant thermostat installed that would throttle the coolant flow and unload the pump.

The truth is Dave, what bothers me about your system is you're not going to fly up to Kansas City next Feb. to show me your machine. (Ramp temp. of
 -10degF.).

Larry Coen