Elite door seal tip?

After putting in my door seal, I found it extremely difficult to close my
doors.  I actually use an adjustable wrench to get it closed (does wonders
to the polished stainless). It's quite an event.   In retrospect, I would
have coiled my door seal like a hose or rope and then placed a flat board
on top.  Then I would have placed weight on top of it a few months in
advance (probably about 200 lbs).  This would squash it a little
(hopefully) and make it easier to shut the doors when the big day arrives.

Andy Judge
N55AJ FGE
DMO# 413