Re: 24 V Electric System

Eung Tai Kim ,

> Can I use 24V Electric System for Velocity?

I can not think of any reason why not.Sounds like you have a very good
understanding of the problems involved. As long as all the electrical components
(battery, alternator, starter, electronic ignition, lights, autopilot, radios,
etc.) are designed for 24-28v, you should be fine. 24v also has the advantage of
requiring smaller diameter wire for carrying power around the aircraft -- thus
saving some weight. The reason more builders don't use 24v is that 24v
components are usually more costly, and there are fewer to choose from.

I'd install resistors for the speed-brake and trim, unless you especially want
to spend more money for 24v replacements.

Best,
Dave Black
SW RG Classic