Re: Weight of Completed Planes

<< Trouble is, aside from weighing the completed plane, there are many
possible
 configurations. With engine? With wings? with canard? With panel? 173? RG?
XL?
 With paint? For these numbers to have meaning, you'd have to pair them with
the
 completed weight & balance of that same plane. Best would be if someone had
 weighed their plane at each and every stage of construction. But I don't know
 anyone who's done that. >>

Thanks for replying, Dave.

My request for completed, flying plane weights is to try and work around all
the variables in construction phases. I figured that flying planes, proven
safe, could at least give us a ratio if not a verifiable weight to shoot for.

It is nice to know that even though my canard is getting heavy (Maybe not. Who
has a weight for a completed canard?), the majority of the weight will be
taken by the mains, leaving only 70 lbs. or so on the front gear.

Dale Alexander