Engines

Hi Ralph,
I'm still a long way off from engine installation but I've been a Lycoming I/O
360 fan since I purchased my kit two years ago. Lately more and more  fellow
builders have been installing I/O 540's. I was originally told  the 540 was
too heavy for the 173RGE model. What version I/O 540 did you install and where
does one find a clean I/O 540 to have overhauled or rebuilt.  I don't know
where to begin looking for a clean engine. What do you reccommend?
Chuck Lehrer
173RGE