From: Laurence W. Coen <lwcoen@freewwweb.com>
To: 'Reflector' <reflector@awpi.com>
Date: Friday, April 10, 1998 4:58 PM
Subject: More on fuses.

Jim Glindemann brings up a good point about "trip free" breakers.  If you
look up circuit breakers in the DigiKey catalog it doesn't tell if they are
"trip free" or not.  Know what you're getting!  I had a friend tell me a
tale about how he got a malfunctioning landing gear down by holding in a
circuit breaker.  There are a lot of older aircraft around that still have
these breakers installed.  If your wondering if what he did was a good idea
or not, ask yourself the question, "Would I rather land gear up or have an
in-flight fire?".