Re: Trim

<<
 Isn't the purpose of the "sparrow strainer" to insure that the aerodynamic
center of pressure is well behind the center of rotation of the elevator
thereby inhibiting divergent flutter (even if the balance was a little off).
It might also tend to dampen any flutter which might start. If you do not have
the Saprrow Strainer installed, have you conducted your flutter tests to
determine that there is no flutter in the operational envelope?  Has Duane
given an OK to flight without the "sparrow strainer"?

Yes; as part of my 40 hr. test period, I conducted flutter tests to 200kt (at
gross weight) indicated.  The sparrow strainer is not a required item as I
have been told by the factory.  One less thing to get knocked off by on-
lookers.