Re: Computerized A/C

> Maybe my plane after this one I can just put my finger on a spot on the
> moving map and it will fly me their.  With guy's like you, Nate Calvin,
> Jim Agnew etc. I think it can be done.

Oh, it can be done.
I've downloaded the navaid database from the NFDC (National
Flight Data Center).  While I was in Jamaica late last year on
vacation, I whipped up a quick and dirty moving map display.
I brought all of the data for Florida with me and was pleased
to discover that I was able to cobble up a display with
moving capability (scrolling), and zooming functions with
simulated lat/long as input.

The NFDC data also allows me to plot runways which was very exciting
to see.  I know some of the current GPS's have this, and I love
this function when flying into large airports with multiple
runways.  Unfortunately, I've only got so many hours in a day.
NewAviation, the Goose and a new girlfriend make pretty efficient
use of my time.

--
Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!