Re: Air Scoops

Bill,

Your question deals with changing what is now up-draft cooling, to the more
conventional down-draft cooling. Down draft is used on virtually every GA
aircraft that I am aware of. The thought of down draft cooling on one of our
canard type crafts has been of interest to a number of fellow canard driverss,
although I know of no-one who actually tested the configuration.

The physics of what goes on inside the cowling of the these aircraft remains
pretty much a mystery, although much discussion has ensued over the years in
pub's like Canard Pusher and the Central States newsletter. This idea of moving
from up-draft to down-draft cooling is an interesting approach, but I think
should be approached carefully and with some good forethought, drawings,
planning, etc.

My two cents  :)

Dave