Air scoops

I, too, have armpit scoops (that sounds pretty disgusting)!

With my Lyc-360, my CHT's stay really low also.  I'll tell you another
secret.  When I installed my second oil cooler at the bottom of the
firewall, I decided to see what happened with no separate air scoop for
it.  My oil temp stays down around 205-210 in cruise, with only a really
hot day climbout requiring that I lower the nose to keep it from going
too high.  In other words, there is so much air flow back there that I
didn't need another air scoop.

At least that's my experience.  Problem is that my CHTs quit working
awhile back, and I haven't been able to fix them.  Don't know if its a
short somewhere or what, but since they were so low, I have no great
incentive to fix them.  I'd rather fly.
--
Bob Ginsberg - Velocity N173BG - Big Ape Gyms