Re: Air Scoops

Denis,

> Does anyone have any experience / advice on installing air scoops on the top
> cowling so that the air stream can be directed straight into the cylinder
> heads / plenum?

Given the engine-cooling problems on pushers, I believe you are on the right
track. I believe the Factory originally chose not to put cooling scoops on top
primarily because it would look funny. But if you're willing to accept the
aesthetics, I believe it will cool better. My plane already has its armpit
scoops, or I'd install the cooling inlets on top.

Dave Black
ShortWing RG Classic (TopDoor)