TAXES!!??

Hey Folks... I don't know if anyone has touched on this subject before....I just registered my 173RG with the FAA (not yet flying) and subsequently rec'd a letter from the Colorado Dept of Revenue stating they had obtained records from the FAA that I had purchased a homebuilt aircraft and that I need to provide proof that sales tax was paid on the purchase of the aircraft or they will assess a tax based on the market value of the aircraft. I have 20 days to respond .........  do we owe sales taxes on aircraft of which we are the manufacturers?   Any other builders here in Colorado rec'd this letter after registering their aircraft????      THANX   JEFF CLOUGH,                                                                                                             GREELEY, COLORADO