fillers

I have had similar experience with hard spots with filling applications.  I
have found that this is due to the ratio between the Microballoons and the
epoxy.  I have used a couple products that work better for me.  Mixing West
Systems "Microlite Filler" with the Velocipoxy,  it is lighter, creamier (
thus less bubbles) and easier to work with.  Very Nice sanding too.  The other
product I decided to try was "Superfill". The reasons are many and I won't go
into them unless asked, but I am very pleased with the performance. It goes on
well, and sands consistently every time.  I figure my time and patience is
worth the added expense, plus, it only weighs 3.6 lbs per gallon Mixed. !!

Kurt Winker
173 FGE