RE: Internal rudder horn & layup "C"

Dale,
    I just finished this a while ago.  I made a small 1 ply bid sheet and let
it cure.. it will still be quite flexible. Bend it over the rudder horn pocket
to the size and shape you want and do the final trimming.  I marked the
outline of where it would lay with a pen, that way I could 5 Min epoxy it
right back into place.  Once it is there,  you have formed a small pocket, and
thus a form that layup "C" will lay right over.
Note,  If you lightly sand the 1 ply bid sheet Before you adhere it,  it will
be much easier, as it is hard to sand once it is in place.  If you need it, I
can scan that picture and send it to you.
Any questions, feel free to write.

Kurt Winker
173 FGE