engine clearance, seat belts

It amazes me how little things have changed.

Engine clearance:

Over 2 years ago, I had to cut one of the "ears" off my #1 cylinder and modify
the cowl a little to get clearance.  Now I find out that this, too, is common
when I thought I had screwed up hanging my engine.  Similar to the canard
bulkhead and the reference hole "secret."

I, too, had trouble figuring out where the front seatbelts were to be mounted
since the plans address 2 hard points, not the third for the shoulder portion.
On my one-door, I drilled a hole through the piece of fuselage that divides the
"baggage area" into two openings.  I also gouged out some foam and glassed in
hard points.  This seems to work fine.

Maybe KPC's could be issued to let builders know about these common things that
aren't really addressed in the manuals.

Bob Ginsberg - Velocity N173BG - Big Ape Gyms