Re: Pictures to down load

>Try sending any pictures as Bit map files that way you can easily
>view them with Paint brush or internet explore
>Just a thought

The problem with bitmap is the very large file size and corresponding long
download time which some have complained about.  GIF and JPG were developed
to aleviate this problem.

Carl wrote
>The .JPG format uses a "lossy" compression algorithm, so it works better
for >photographs rather than line drawings.

Isn't it the other way around?  I think you'll find for images with shading,
GIF will give better image.

Al Gietzen