Re: ram pressure

> At least one issue would be vapor lock.  When the electrical pump fails (or
> electric system failure) you have no pump.  May not be a problem during

Hmm.  Okay.  Failure analysis:  What is more failure prone?
I'm already installing dual batteries with primary and secondary
busses.  Two boost pumps?  I don't know.

> Or even without vapor lock; can you get enough flow to the carb for full
> power operation without pressure?  Don't count on it!

That's what the tests are for.  The Bingelis books outline tests
for gravity feed.  You place the plane in level and at climb
attitude.  Fill up the tanks and then make sure you get
something like 1.5 times the fuel flow of max power operation.
I'm not sure of the value, but it's like 1.5 or 2.  You have to
go through all of the plumbing that includes filters and gascolators
too.  Also make sure you are not getting any added benefit from
siphoning.  Another thing is that you must get this sustained
rate until the tanks are empty.

I'd have to go look at the books again, but this is as well
as I can recall at the moment.

--
Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!