Re: Door Alignment

>I've corrected the problem by altering the pivot point on the gas strut at
>the door.  The problem, is that when closed, the strut is still pushing on
>the door due to the direction of force projected from the strut.  Simply
>put, the torque on the door is from the force of the strut multiplied by the
>perpindicular distance from the pivot points.  To eliminate the torque you
>must eliminate the force (not an option) or eliminate the perpendicular
>moment arm.  The new pivot point directs the force of the strut to the rear
>hinge center line, thereby completely eliminating the torque and door
>misalignment.  Ive got the CNC machined parts available.
>
>Another note:  I replaced the factory struts with another type which take up
>85% less door opening area.   Also the two sruts combined weigh almost half
>of a single door strut from the factory.  They work great!
>
>Nate Calvin

Nate,
Have noticed the same problem with door alignment under gas lift pressure
with the XL being put together down here...any chance of a dimensioned
drawing? I assume you have moved the upper pivot point inboard and slightly
upward to get the force to the rear hinge center line.

Please advise price and availability of the machined parts.

Greg Poole (Rearing an infant STD RG E down under)