Re: FRANKLIIN 6A-350-C1R ENGINE

> > Actually, I'm going to test my setup with gravity feed and a boost
> > pump.  The only thing I don't like is that the sump tank is too
> > low to provide any pressure.
>
> But your head pressure is measured from the surface of the fuel in the main
> tanks, plus whatever ram effect you get from the vent inlet(s) (probably
> not much additional). The sump tank should stay full, unless you run a main
> tank dry; even the sump's vent line should have fuel in it up to the level
> in the tanks. If you do run a tank dry, then feeding the last few gallons
> could be problematic.

Right.  I've got an FGE.  I know the sump for the retract is a little
different.  Perhaps they would be able to recover a little more fuel.
The ram air idea has me interested.  I could do the math, but someone
here probably knows:  How much PSI is required to raise a fuel column
one foot?  Would ram air from the outboard end of the strake be sufficient
to evacuate the sump tank while in flight?

> By the way, has anyone disassembled a known PZL-distributed pump? Or even
> seen one? The ones delivered by Atlas don't count.

I have seen one, but have not disassembled it.  I suppose I
could ask Dennis Miller if he minds.  It's sitting in my warehouse
attached to a brand new 6A350.

--
Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!