Re: Rudder Cable Problems

dale,

I dont think that I would put any solder or excessive heat ( I think that
enough heat to melt the solder onto the nicopress sleeves  is too much )
onto the nicopress sleeve.  On our Long EZ I put a couple layers of clear
heat shrink tubing over the nicopress tapering down onto the cable. The
clear tubing still allows inspection of the cable but ensures not all of
the bending takes place at the junction of the cable and sleeve.
Of course this tubing needs to be slipped over the cable prior to the
swaging procces.

regards

Jim Glindemann
V173 rg unidoor