Rudder cables

>I am picturing a pressure sensor screwed in line on the master cylinders
>that can be calibrated to the static brake pressure after bleeding.  Then
>any change +- some variance produces current that drives a small piezo
>speaker in the panel with a unique sound (different from stall warning
>sound) that allows pilot to back off the pedals.

>I haven't figured out how to activate a switch with the rudder
>pedal arm, considering the arm will have an inch or so of travel beyond
>the point of activation. Not only that but the arm gets closer to the
>side of the fuselage as it moves forward: another headache. That's why I
>was thinking about the magnet/reed switch or a mercury switch. I don't
>know enough about electronics to envision incorporating those switches,
>but I suspect they might need a relay. Cams mounted ...etc,,,,

Excuse me for being a little slow on the uptake; but what are we tryijng to
accomplish with the bells, whistles, and lights?  Knowing when the rudder is
fully deflected?  Knowing when the brakes are being applied?  Knowing if
we've adjusted the brake cylinder rods properly?   I haven't gotten to the
point of connecting rudder cables, but IF a "fix" is needed, isn't something
like a strong short spring which allows the pedal to continue travel a bit
beyond full rudder deflection as brakes are applied all that is required?
And it would seem that Jeff is correct; what you want is some "feel" that
the rudder is fully deflected and the brakes are being applied.

It's probably a mistake to interject here having not yet connected cables or
flown my airplane, but I was wondering, so I'll take the risk.

Al Gietzen  RGE