re:upholstery

>>how much space do  i need to allow for the upolstery when installing
seat-tilt side supports prior to actual upolstery. 173 elite rg  <<

More than you have! The space is so critically tight that it is almost
impossible to fit the seats. In fact, some builders have cut their seats in
half and made them 1" narrower. I removed all the screws in the hinge and
replaced them with countersunk flatheads. Further, I lined the keel with
nothing but thin leather in the seat area. Juuuust works!

Good luck!
Simon