no rudder landings

Just a thought:

When I had my Grumman, I used to practice landing without using the
flaps, so I would know what it felt like etc.

In the Velocity, I have a habit of not using the speed brake all the
time, I like to keep in mind what things change if it ever doesn't work
(not much really).

My plan now is to practice some flying with no rudders, and try to land
without them.  Start with a lonely long field, we have several around
here, and see how much space you need etc.  So, if the rudder cable ever
does break, I'll be that much more prepared.

--
Bob Ginsberg - Velocity N173BG - Big Ape Gyms